What is the broadcast list feature?
The broadcast list feature allows users to send a message to several of their contacts at once. Broadcast lists are saved lists of message recipients that users can use to repeatedly send messages to without having to select them each time. The feature also prevents users from creating unnecessary groups.
How to use Broadcast Lists in WhatsApp
The first thing that you need to do is create a Broadcast list using which you can message up to 256 people at the same time. But make sure that you have their number stored in your phonebook.
How to create a broadcast list
- Step 1: Go to WhatsApp and tap on the three dot menu placed on the top right corner of the screen
- Step 2: Now search for or select the contacts you want to add
- Step 3: After this tap on the check mark and your broadcast list is ready.
When you send a message to the broadcast list, it’ll be sent to all recipients in the list who have your number saved in their phones’ address book. Recipients will receive the message as a normal message. When they reply, it’ll appear as a normal message in your Chat screen.
You are also allowed to edit your existing broadcast list and can add or delete a contact from there.
How to edit a broadcast list
- Step 1: Open your existing broadcast list
- Step 2: Now tap on the three-dot menu and select Broadcast list info
- Step 3: In the broadcast list info screen you can
- Change the name of your broadcast list by tapping Edit.
- Add recipients to the list by tapping Add recipient….
- Remove recipients by tapping Edit recipients > “x” next to the contacts you want to remove > check mark.