Daniel Jones put up one of the best games of his NFL career on Thursday. In a season where the Giants defense was expected to carry them, it was Jones and the offense doing the heavy lifting and the defense essentially costing them the game. The Giants are now 0-2 and fans are starting to panic.
To dive into a heartbreaking 30-29 loss on Thursday to Washington, we bring you a new episode of the “Blue Rush” podcast with Lawrence Tynes and Paul Schwartz, featuring an interview with Tynes’ teammate, two-time Super Bowl champion defensive end Mathias Kiwanuka.
Blue Rush Podcast with Paul, Lawrence & Jake:
- HEARTBREAKER: Bad teams find new ways to lose every week and this is a bad team right now. A mental error pre-snap on the penalty that is inexcusable. They had multiple stupid plays. Was Kenny Golladay yelling at Daniel Jones a big deal? Is the Kadarius Toney Instagram post a big deal? Why is he not getting targets?
- JONES/BARKLEY: Jones played a terrific game and was one of the bright spots. He ran the football well and made good throws with time in the pocket. Saquon Barkley does not look ready yet and there is reason for concern.
- DEFENSE: Patrick Graham has some questions to answer. This defense has been really bad, no pass rush and was playing zone all night. Why not play more man-to-man defense against Taylor Heinicke?
Mathias Kiwanuka Interview:
2-time Giants Super Bowl champion defensive end (2006-2014)
- GOOD VIBES: There is a good vibe this season and he felt it when he went to training camp. The locker room was clean and not a mess like it was during the years with the Odell Beckham Jr. teams.
- LOSING: Losing takes a mental toll on guys. He cares about this franchise doing well after spending his entire career on the Giants. That offsides penalty was mental fatigue and lack of attention to detail.
- 10-YEAR ANNIVERSARY: How long ago does the 2011 Super Bowl team feel? 10 years later, he is reinventing himself and entering the broadcast world, doing a show on ESPN Radio NY Sundays with Anita Marks.
Catch up on all episodes of “Blue Rush,” a New York Giants podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow Lawrence Tynes, Paul Schwartz and Jake Brown on Twitter @lt4kicks, @NYPost_Schwartz and @JakeBrownRadio. New episodes of the show drop Mondays and Thursdays during the regular season.