The Giants were a win away from being a playoff team last season in what was a brutal NFC East.
While the division will be improved, so will the Giants. They went out and got playmakers for Daniel Jones and they are getting star running back Saquon Barkley back. They potentially have a top-10 defense in the NFL. A lot will come down to Jones and whether or not he is the guy to lead this team. Will he and the Giants do enough to be a playoff team in 2021?
To answer that, preview the season and make predictions, we bring you the return of the “Blue Rush” podcast with two-time Giants Super Bowl champion kicker Lawrence Tynes and Paul Schwartz, featuring an interview with Giants Pro Bowl cornerback James Bradberry.
Blue Rush Podcast with Paul, Lawrence, Jake & Sarah:
- SEASON PREVIEW: Tynes says he didn’t see enough in training camp and preseason to have a good feel about this team. Will Saquon be on a pitch count? Will he sit out the second game four days after the season opener? Is the offensive line a big concern? Can Kadarius Toney be an impact player this year? What’s the biggest concern on defense?
- PREDICTIONS: Tynes, me and Sarah are taking the Giants to beat the Broncos. Paul is taking the Broncos. Tynes and Paul say 9-8 on the season, me and Sarah are going with 10-7, which could be good enough for a wild card.
James Bradberry Interview:
Giants Pro Bowl cornerback
- ADJUSTMENTS: Last year was strange with a COVID year, guys wearing masks always and not seeing who he was talking to sometimes. Keeping same mindset on field after Pro Bowl year. Wants to make more big plays, more INTs.
- GRAHAM/JUDGE: Patrick Graham is a smart guy and puts together great schemes for the defense. Joe Judge is still the enforcer.
- DEFENSE: If they don’t score, they don’t win. This defense has a lot of talent. Hard to predict how good they can be because injuries are a part of the game.
Catch up on all episodes of “Blue Rush,” a New York Giants podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow Lawrence Tynes, Paul Schwartz and Jake Brown on Twitter @lt4kicks, @NYPost_Schwartz and @JakeBrownRadio. New episodes of the show drop Mondays and Thursdays during the regular season.