Creative to sustainable, how scarves made the fashionable upgrade
Fashion designer Kavya Singh Kundu shares how it came about. “Scarves have been a fave accessory for so long now. Since people have been recreating a lot of fashion over the last few months from home, they’ve been trying looks with different outfits. Hence, this particular look has become popular due to home styling. With people talking about sustainability, this fits right in as you are just using what you have in your wardrobe, plus getting a new look with this. A scarf is also an elegant fabric that can help you change your look completely and it can be fun. For instance, you can wear it as a half pallu sari or pleat it and tuck into your jeans,” she says.
Style tips to wear your scarf top
Stylist Mitali Ambekar says the scarf is no longer just a fashion accessory, but a wardrobe staple, due to its versatility. She shares a few pointers on how to wear it…
- Wear a printed scarf top with your white jeans, culottes or high-waisted pants.
- You can also pair them with slit skirts.
- Choose how you want to drape it as per your body type. Have a fitted silhouette or go for something more flared
- depending on what suits you best
- It can also be used as a shrug by knotting it to create armholes and belting it for a cleaner look.
- One can drape scarves as sarongs or as skirts of different lengths.
- Create different looks by playing with two or multiple scarves at once.
- You can create different necklines as well, from a halter to a one-shoulder and an off-shoulder style.
- Choose the fabric depending on the season, go for cotton in summer and opt for a knit in winter.
- Accessorise with chic earrings to complete the look.